Raspberry Golf Academy 2020 Coach of the Year!
Director of Instruction • (614) 804-8449 • Email
Book Online @ Raspberry Falls Book Online @ Virginia Golf Center
I am a PGA Member, Director of Instruction and Certified Performance Coach with the Raspberry Golf Academy. As a true performance coach, I evaluate and improve all pillars of golf performance: full swing, short game, putting, course management, process, mental, fitness, nutrition and more.
I was recognized by my peers as the 2020 Raspberry Golf Academy Coach of the Year.
My approach to golf instruction is taking what each person does naturally and making it better. No two people are the same mentally or physically, so no two people should have the same lesson. I want to optimize each person's unique abilities. I also believe that golfers do not need to get worse before they get better. I want you to leave better than you came after each lesson.
As a TPI Certified instructor for golf fitness, I place a high value on physical health and the body. I connect nearly all of my full swing teaching to exercises that can be done both with and without a golf club.
I played golf professionally full time before making the transition to coaching in 2016. As a student of the Raspberry Golf Academy myself as a player since it opened in 2007, coming on board as an instructor was a smooth transition. I spent one year as an apprentice with the Academy, learning under directors Patrick McGuire, John Miller, and Sang Hwang. Through my training, I have become an expert on quickly identifying what a player needs to work on and how to work on it.
Before playing professionally, I played Division I golf at George Mason University and later served as an Assistant Coach for George Mason, and have also served as an Assistant Coach for Centreville High School and Chantilly High School.
I also currently serve as the Instruction Editor of the Virginia Golfer Magazine, the official magazine of the Virginia State Golf Association (VSGA).
With my extensive playing and coaching background, I enjoy helping golfers get to the next level. I am eager to share my knowledge and to improve each person that walks in the door, whether a beginner, intermediate, or elite player.
• PGA Class A Member
• TPI Certified- Golf Fitness
• Raspberry Golf Academy Certified Performance Coach
• 2020 Raspberry Golf Academy Coach of the Year
• Assistant Coach George Mason University
• Assistant Coach Centreville High School
• Assistant Coach Chantilly High School
• Four-year starter at George Mason University, was first or second in scoring average every semester in school (2008-12)
• Over three years full time on the mini tours, primarily the eGolf Pro Tour in North Carolina and the Gateway Pro Tour in Arizona (2012-16)
• Reached Second Stage of Web.com Q-School twice in two attempts, played in PGA Canada Q-School
• Played in the 2012 U.S. Amateur at Cherry Hills
• 2019 Assistant Pro Association Player of the Year
• Low tournament round: 63 (-9)
• Low professional tournament round: 64 (-8)
Lesson Prices for Josh Apple:
• 1 hour - $150
• 3 hours - $375
• 5 hours - $575
• 10 hours - $1000
Junior Lessons (18 and under):
• 1 hour - $100
• 5 hours - $450
• 10 hours - $800
Video Tips Pro Series